Sunday, May 3, 2009

Adieu!!!

30th April 09
9:00 am

I reached the back gate of Bosch as usual.
The security lady checked my bag as she always did.
Why did everything seem different to me today?

I smiled at her and walked forward.
I swiped in at"0" and took the lift to canteen as usual.

5 min to 9 is a very crucial time for must of us.
Everyone would be busy. There would be a frenzy of activity.
Some would be hurrying to office, some scurrying with breakfast and some on phone.
Our table is always crowded.Sometimes we sit upto 10 people at the table meant for 4

"Ghoshetta we have just left PG, could you please take breakfast for us"

"2 idlis, 3 vadas and 2 slices of bread"

"da, if possible take my 2 cups of tea"

Who ever can be there at the canteen in time would take the orders for the others and then we would all have it together.

But, today was different. I wouldn't be having breakfast.I had just come up to the see everyone.

PC(aka Pradeep),BKB and ghoshettan were there near the Lift.They saw me, smiled and we left together in the lift.

"3" "1" "0"

These are our usual stops.

Me and PC would get down at 3.PC would swipe in and go through the right door and I would go through left.

As usual , I entered my department, my department for the last 3 years.I looked around for familiar faces.A few smiles shot back at me.
I walked to my cubicle and reached my seat.My target (The H/W) greeted me Good morning as usual and my name plate smiled back at me.I switched on my PC(This is my comp i referring to ;-)). As it woke up from its slumber I got myself a cup of coffee.
As usual, I opened my inbox and started going through the mails.

10:30 am

"T/Coffee/Bournvita"
The mail would begin.
"meet u near the stairs"
And then we would all flock at the right wing stairs and start the chatter.
"Haaiiii"
"New pinch!!!"
"Hey achi dikh rahi ho!!"
"Hey renu madame kaha gayi" "As usual busy hogi"
And the chit-chat would go on and on until someone remembers an elapsed meeting or a long forgotten prio1+ ticket.

Today, only I and Shinida took the break.Others were busy.

12.30 pm

"Lunch bitte????" or "Lunch???" "I'm hungry"
"Ja bitte"
"Sssssssssss"
"yes/No sno!!!"(Very innovative!!!!)
"carry on. I will join in 5 min"

These are the usual mails and responses at the lunch.
And finally
"Let's start???"This is an intimation to actually start to the canteen ;-)
"Ready steady go!!"
"Meet you near stairs"

Today as Usual, me and chechi started for the stairs. Had to pick up shinida on the way.Renu was on leave today.
Vasudha, rashmi and others would join.
We had our lunch and then went for our post-mitagessen stroll in the basement.Another session of gossip,jokes,pulling legs etc etc..
Had Renu been there we would have played the Go-Game too..(Its a patented game only for me, Vasudha and Renu)
By 1:30 pm we were all back at our own seats.

3:30 pm
"A2B???"
Time for another break!!
Me and Vasudha would(and whenever sheethu is there, she would also)go to A2B and have tea.

We had decided to go today also,but somehow couldnt make it.

Guys, Breaks are not the only thing We have at Bosch. I am just highlighting how we enjoy the time together inspite of the busy schedules(atleast sometimes!!;-)) and the critical issues and bugs.

7:00 pm
As usual I left 3rd floor and went out through the back gate.
But today was different.
I went out the gate not to return on Monday.
Today was my last day at office.
I looked back at my Office for the last 3 years for one more last time. I hadn't swiped out today for my badge had been taken back.
As I crossed the Sai-Baba temple,I ran my hands through my bag's empty front pocket where my ID card usually lay.

Epilogue

I met Ghoshettan, Abhi,PC,and BKB at A2B, bid them farewell and came down to my PG.I went to my aerobics centre and said goodBye to Pappu.
I came back to the PG. Today would be my last day here. Jiya and Renu had left for home. They had met me earlier at office and said goodbye.
Me and Arya cooked dinner, for the one last time together.

Author's note

Thanks a lot to all of you who wished me good luck and bid me farewell. I would miss all of you in our own special ways.
Thanks a lot to all my managers and team mates for all the wishes you gave me.
Thanks a lot to that Gentleman I met in the lift and who wished me good luck(Sorry I dont know your name)

Hey!Arya Thanks a lot for that payasam.

Reshma and Dhanya,those mails touched me very much.

Again, thanks again to all of you who mailed, spoke with me and met me.

Renu,Vasudha,chechi,Shinida,Sheethu,Anu,Renu,Jiya,Arya,Rashmi,Jyoti: I don't know what more to tell u guys.
Guys,
I know tomorrow you will miss me at the breakfast table.
I know You will miss me for lunch and tea.
I know you will miss my Pjs and nonsense.
I know you will miss me at aerobics,vasudha
I know you will miss me at PG,guys
I know you will miss when you go for movies at PVR or for treats outside,
I know you will all miss me in some way or the other.

And I will Miss You all greatly too.
I will miss each and every moment we spend together

5 comments:

shahnaaz said...

hey fari really touching..........hmmmmmm no words to tell my feelings.........

Agni said...

Hello farz,

Even if I didn't know the characters you left.....But I could realize the pain you felt for the moment.

Zindagi aise hi hai.
kabhi rulathe hai,kabhi hasathe hai
kabhi aakon se paani barsathe hai
kabhi hoote pe muskurahat
phir bhi jeena tho hai.....
Zindagi abhi bhi adoori hai

Unknown said...

Fari…alla my Pariyakutty…

I really really miss you here. Not that we used to meet everyday or spend some quality time together but we have been together through some tough/touching/funny/sad times…As you said once you were my first friend in Bosch. Of course there were others but I knew all of them from college…And am sure you would agree when I say we had a great time during the training days…Ghoshettan, you and I…we were the trio… :D

I miss all those days Fari…don’t know how we drifted apart…was for really silly reasons. But I used to wish for those days to come back…

And then you came to Germany and things started to revive…Before it could take off in full swing, you left…

Love you dear…

Anu.

Farz said...

hi guys..
Even i dont have any more words..
aakhir zindagi aisi kyu hai???

raheem said...

I can understand that nostalgia.the way you depicted is superb