Sunday, May 17, 2009

My song

There are lots of one-one mappings in my memory space.
I mean, my memories are mostly linked with something,some song or some word or some colour or something like that.
Here!
Let me do the association between songs and memories for some of them from my memory bank.
These are the first image or visual I get or people I think of on hearing the particular songs ;-))

1)mera juta hai japani ---
This song reminds me of my sister's KG teacher.It has been quite a long time now,the picture is a lil' hazy.But yes, I can see her made up as a clown and dancing to this song. it was some activity day for the kids

2)Subhan allah(Fanaa)---
This one's for you Meera.
Back to my hostel days at thrissur
.We used to rent movies almost every day of the final year study leave and watch them together in Zeba's computer room ;-)
Yes!just the both of us
.It used to be fun.

3)Ye tara wo tara ---
Again for you Meera.

4)Humko humi se churalo--
This is to my school days and particularly to my friend Hiba.
Those days singing used to be a background activity,whether classes were going on or not.
Once, she was singing this song at some free time.Perhaps it disturbed somebody that immediately she got a response"hamke!!!(This is a malabar gaali!!!;-))" just as she finished "humko"

5)dil chahta hai---
again to my school days.
It reminds me of our gang and all are pranks and fun.

6)Kanana chaayayil aadu meekan(malayalam)---
This songs for my grandfather who hums it now and then ;-))

7)nilavinte neela bhasma kuriyaninjavale---
This one is for a friend from college.
I can still see her expressions as she sang this once in our room ;-)

8)Pyar ke pal---
To our happy days at HI, Renu.
Me and Renu(my friend in bosch)wanted to sing this for some team activity while at Germany and we used to meet up at each other's house and practise it on and on.
But,we could never present it,even after returning back. Schade!!

9)Thumbi vaa ---
To you Sheethu(My friend in bosch).
Once we both volunteered for some singing audition at Bosch.As our turns approached nearer both of us panicked and I backed out at the last moment.(when my name was called,I sat there calmly.When they repeated my name,I myself started enquiring amongst the crowd for Fariha ;-).
I winked at the only other guy who recognized me cautioned him not to reveal it.)
Sheethu had sung this song then and it was pretty good.

10)Khalbali --
This reminds me of our final year tour at GEC and paaji(That's the nick name for the guy who sang it ;-))

11)Soni pe nakhde--
Our aerobics classes,vasudha and my attempts to learn the steps..

12)Mein kudi anjaani hu--
I can never forget your dance to this song,Arya(My friend in Bosch)

13)Marannittum enthino--
I used to force Anju(GEC,Thrissur)to sing this song.I loved her singing this.

There are lots and lots more.The list could go on and on but let me stop here,before i become emotional ;-)).

5 comments:

Agni said...

This was very nice.......bcoz you connected it so well. I have to find out a new way to correlate my memories.

---------Agni--------

raheem said...

paavada venam,melada venam enna ente hit song nee engine marannoo Fariha.

Farz said...

@raheem:
ayyo kyamama njanth marannu poyallo...
But if i do a reverse mapping, there is one song which always reminds me of you
"oru naal vishannere thalarnnetho vanambaadi";-)

@agni:
Thanx for ur comment Agni..

Arya said...

danke fari...:)
oro paattu vechu ororuthare orkuka, das ist ina gutten ide...(spelling kshamikkuka, karyam pidikittiyallo lle...)

Unknown said...

ayyo mukalil kaanunna tuttumma comment nominde aanu ketto...tried to post my comment using my gmail id....forgot that i had started a blog in that account for posting snaps of my niece...anavashyavum ashdhanathum ayitulla german p[rayogam kandappale njanennu oohichu kanumallo alle...Arya