Friday, May 29, 2009

The best compliment I have received

My name is pronounced differently by different people.
Some stress on the "fa" and some on the "ri". (The latter is my official name pronunciation)
Some prefer to call me feri like in "hera-pheri".
There is also an old aunt who calls me"pyari".She is not a hindi connoisseur,its just how she can pronounce it. Though as a child I detested it,as I gained proficiency in hind I didn't mind it ;-)
Now,let me stop digressing from the topic.

I met a cute little girl yesterday.A doll!
I was meeting her for the first time and I had been introduced to her as the ''fari" with the stress on "fa".
She thinks I'm a "fairy"!She did a literal translation and calls me ''pari".
Now ! I have had that nickname long back, but this is different because it comes from a sweet little girl whose world revolves around barbies and cindrellas.
That has left me too happy.That's the best compliment I have got .
I am happy that I am a part of the world she shares with her stories and fairies
Thank you my baboocha!!;-)

No comments: