Thursday, July 17, 2008

BALCONY HOUSEFULL!!!

Last week while I was in calicut,I went for a movie.
I had been looking forward to watching it ever since i got a fwd mail about it. It is a malayalam movie about a group of young software engineers.Perhaps atleast the story of reel life software engineers wouldn't be as pathetic as real life!!!It was a total surprise to me that the movie had been released in theaters by the time i had come home(Unfortunately i didnt know it had released only a day before;-( . Unfortunate because getting tickts wouldn't be that easy)
I reached the theatre just half an hour befor the show.My sister's doubts of getting the tickets echoed in my ears as i stepped inside.
But wait!There was hardly anybody there. No big queue and crowd as I anticipated.
Now I am surely going to get the tickets.I was happy ;-).Only then did my eyes fell on the board kept at the counter.And those 2 words loomed in front of my eyes. BALCONY HOUSEFUL.
Sigh! I will have to wait till it comes in PVR.With a broken heart, I decided to return home.The 30Rs ticket seats were not a comfortable option for 2 girls.
That's when i heard that..
'Balcony , Balcony...'
A black ticketeer! Oh My God!!A criminal!What should I do?Run away from there?Pretend not to have seen taht guy??Or is it okay if i bought the tickets in black just this one time?But what if i am caught by police?Will I be jailed?And the humiliation that would follow??
I was scared.But the temptation to watch the movie was overwhelming.
He charged double the ticket fare.But,it would still work out cheaper for me compared to the rates at PVR.
I bought the tickets quickly.Took a slip from him and handed him the cash,without even checking the slip. The deal was over.I just wanted it to end soon.
I pocketed the slip, looked around making sure that no one had seen me.
It's only then i took a peak at the slip.And Lo! i had been fooled. That jerk had given me the reservation coupen for the next show.I had paid him double the money and been fooled.
More than the humiliation of being fooled, I was feeling bad about not being able to watch the movie.
I decded to try my luck at the counter . Initially the guy at the counter showed all his 'nakhraas'.
"Madame, its not possible..This is a coupen for the next show!!We dont have tickets"
and so and so and so..
But finally he agreed and i got the tickets..;-)
But wait!I thought the BALCONY was HOUSEFULL ;-)
Whatever! we watched the movie...

3 comments:

Hash said...

OMG, i have missed a movie to download :)

which movie are you talking about ???

Farz said...

@hash
Its minnaminnikkoottam

shahnaaz said...

i think i had come over to somewat same situation........really very overwhelming condition.....standing in the theatre grnd without tickets.......ooooooh