Thursday, February 25, 2010

What is so special about 25Feb??? ;-)

There was a time when I used to wait for it to be the 25th of feb.
I would start the count down from the New years day and eagerly wait for the day.
More than the gifts and cards,it thrilled me more to find out how many of my friends and other close people actually remembered.
Of late,the thrill has been fading.Maturity I guess. ;-)
And since last year,I had been dreading the date.I some how wanted time to freeze, so that it wouldn't be 25th feb this year.But the truth is ,I can ignore it,I can overlook it,but today it's the 25th feb of another year. I am one more year older and the fact is staring back at me from my mirror!!!How I hate being on the other side of 20.

But yes!even today all my friends and close people have made my day!
The best thing I like about birthdays is that it is a day when the world comes calling at you,literally ;-)

Amidst all the routine greetings and messages,I have noticed that few things haven't changed.Not that I am complaining.Nonetheless it was amusing to note.
I woke up today at midnight to the same voice who has been greeting me birthday the first for the past few years,ever since we became friends in hostel.
The same people needed to be reminded to wish me(They know the date,but have to be reminded that the date is actually that of today ;-).Since their wishes mean a lot,I didn't mind asking for it.And then, it is not my birth I am celebrating,but their being my parents.)
And finally,as usual my brother called me up at midnight,but had to be prodded to wish me.These sort of wishing and all are a bit embarassing in the family,to receive and to give.;-)

Thank you all, for your wishes

2 comments:

Hash said...

Liar :X

ashraf mohamamd said...

quater century ho gaya hain. ham to kaamna karte hain ki tum poori century maar do aur tumhe mubarak dene ke liye wo sabhi log zameen se ya phir jannat pe maujood hon.