Saturday, July 10, 2010

I have arrived.

Well, finally I'm here.
Had always looked forward to being here and am happy that finally I'm here. ;-)
So perhaps the coming blogs might some how be related to NIT-C and MBA.

Ah!! That reminds me, let me put across my MBA experience so far.
I seriously believe an MBA is better done after an initial industry experience. It helps you connect so much with what you are studying. I do that. For everything I learn here, I try to find some sort of an example or relation from my previous life! And many a time, I can find it. :-).

Hey, but all work ex people in the class could be really boring yaar.
It is those people right out of college who are the real charm of the class.
For one thing, they take me down a year or two or more along my ageline ;-), but more seriously they proclaim aloud the innocence and naivety of life. And I simply love being around them, happy that I can share their zeal.

And about the pedagogy, what more do I say than that I have never looked forward to attending a lecture though the subject may not be my favourite ones. :-).
As they rightly claim they teach us such that we don't even realize that we are being taught.

What I find the most attractive about the course is that we are taught how to think. We are taught to be better people. We are taught to understand ourselves better. We are taught to relate to us and to everyone around us better. But what gets me wondering is why this delay yaar? Why did it take all these years for our educational system to give me these wisdom? Some may disagree, blame my choice of institutions. But the fact is that there have been people like me affected. It would have made a lot better if in our school curricula we were taught at least HOW TO THINK.

Perhaps everybody should be doing an MBA. Or atleast every professional.Management is something we all do throughout our lives, then why not be a little scientific? The course is hectic, but it is not tough. It requires hardwork and daily effort, but it doesn't have tough equations or formula.

Well, really looking forward to the time here.

2 comments:

Hash said...

"Perhaps everybody should be doing an MBA."

Hmmm thats something i thought i ll never hear from you :)

Zeba said...

Fariha!! Great to chance upon you here. Noticed you following my blog and reached yours. So you're doing an MBA now? Whoa girl.. awesome! Been feeling like doing an MBA myself of late!! He heh .. Guess it's part of the 'cycle'. I had done the 'CAT' a while back and then finally decided that I didn't want to go on the MBA side & joined for MS(Computer Sc.) instead!! He heh .. maybe I should go for a full-time MBA after the MS, to 'become younger' with the fresh-from-college crowd :D