Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The farm bug!!

I used to wonder why people are so crazy about their FarmVille points and why they put up the 'help' posts.I get the reason now. Once you are hooked to it, it becomes an addiction and let me confess, I AM ADDICTED,atleast for the moment.
But the veterans tell me that the addiction doesn't last forever.(Thank God!!I get bored quite easily.)
And I find the erstwile FV addicts put up status like "I dont care about your farms, crops" "I don't want a farm" etc... ;-)(So, there is an open door,I guess)
So in this vicious circle newbies like me replace the dormant farmers!!! And the cycle goes on and on and on!!

Something, I noticed- the addiction is contagious. Once you are hooked, you tend to get everyone around you hooked too.That is how I got addicted and I have been successful in getting quite a few addicted!!!.Those who play or have played FV know that it's a survival tactic.

It all started for me when my brother flew to Canada to do his MS(in Mechanical engineering,supposedly!!!).
Perhaps he missed our greenery and flowers and all and took to setting up a farm for himself over there.
But the country and climate was not so cooperative to his sentiments,I guess.

So he begins his great online farming and starts sending requests to everyone on his contact list including me and what started off as a submission to his pestering becomes an addiction and I continue with the tradition - adding more neighbours and posting my farm status and so on...

In our tryst with FV, me and my brother realize that we have started farming at a time when all our friends have almost quit.
Now to find farmers of the same level is quite a challenge.But, luckily as I said before, we have gotten everyone in the family to be bitten by the same bug ;-).Some relief!!

We ,very religiously, harvest our crops in time, send gifts to each other and help each other's farm.My Brother wakes himself early enough to do all these before he goes to University.
We discuss at lengths on how to improvise and beautify are farms,makes demands for gifts and so on.
Ofcourse critics like my sister always have a say!Like asking me to go out and atleast water the garden!! But, why bother these pests,I say! These days everything is online!!!!


3 comments:

Hash said...

Ahem !
http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1991915_1991909_1991768,00.html

Farz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farz said...

As I said,it is an addiction..