Sunday, June 29, 2014

Time travel

It is strange, yet so predictable, how simple things can transport you back in time, to familiar emotions and sweet memories. We call it nostalgia and it happens to almost everyone. 

The most cliched nostalgia, perhaps, everyone has is about the rain. I am no exception and this is not the first time either that I am getting nostalgic about the rains or blogging about it. the only difference- another place, another time. For the past few days,I have been desperately trying get back to blogging. Hundreds of topics and words have crossed my mind in this time and I would have read a few blogs of fellow bloggers, as well, for inspiration. But, it took the slight summer drizzle outside to actually wake me up from my deep slumber. And I happily recall that, it was rain again that inspired me to start blogging years back and that was what I first blogged about. But back then it was the heavy monsoon extravaganza!

So coming back to the point about being predictable that I mentioned above, I say nostalgia is 'predictable' because much has been talked about it, much has been blogged about it. So when I say I am nostalgic about rains it is almost predictable about the train of thoughts that would follow - the sweet fresh smell of soil, the rhythmic thudding of the rain drops, the school re-openeing - new classses, old friends,new year to look upto-, the hot tea and snacks, the bike rides in the rain and on and on I could go.

I know they are cliched, I know they are cheesy. But, they are the truth! And I shamelessly declare that I am nostalgic today, about the rains.

It is a happy feeling to be nostalgic and  to revel in the beautiful experiences you have had. Afterall, it is experiences and memories which make up and shape life. They pronounce load and clear how beautiful the journey so far had been and assure how beautiful the journey ahead could be.

No comments: