Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Shower from the Heavens

I watched the rains, as they poured hard against my window.

It was raining heavily, too heavily. A distressed soul pouring her heart out! A heavy drop made its mark on my heart and the pain I hid deep inside shot out. If you ask me what the pain is I have no particular answer. I am one of those eccentric Pisceans, who can simply sit and cry. I depress myself for nothing and also rejoice for almost nothing.

There is always calmness after a heavy downpour and today watching the rains, I could feel the same. The unknown grief within me was slowly eroding away. The rains were washing away my grief. It’s so much relieving, so much comforting after the heart has poured out its agony. An unknown, inexplicable bliss!

As the last drop of the rains splashed the wet earth, a tear sparkled in my eyes.

The fragrance of the fresh earth permeated my soul, and I drew courage from the unknown force to carry on this little game called Life.

A dark cloud silhouetted in the velvety sky drew a silver lining.

The rains, from the heavens they came, carried me in their arms and took my pain with them.

2 comments:

GhosH said...

Now i got the reson, why ur mood became good and u started smiling, after it started raining y'day evening.

Nice one!

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

I read this first post of yours a long time back, but due to some reasons I could manage to post a comment only now.

Well, it's a sweet little post, in fact among the best I have read in recent times. Somehow, it was more like a poem, with lines like -
"A distressed soul pouring her heart out!"

"It’s so much relieving, so much comforting after the heart has poured out its agony."

"A dark cloud silhouetted in the velvety sky drew a silver lining."


Your style of writing is quite expressive and pleasing. Looking forward to more of it. :)