Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Movie Buff speaks -1

My comments on few of the movies I have watched recently:

Dangerous Ishq

There was much hype about this movie as the "Karisma Kapoor come back movie". As she said in an interview this might be the first time that she has done such a role, but ofcourse there is nothing new in the theme. I never expected much from a Mukesh Butt movie anyways, so I am not dissappointed! Karisma looks great, but that is the only thing I liked in the movie. The story revolves around past lives and past life regression as they call it. I didnt like the way the actor gets hallucinations of her past life. That was lacking a flow. Karisma's character helps in an investigation in the present life by taking clues from the past life.But, I don't understand what she is doing in every frame accompanying the police! 

In short, the movie is an utter waste of time, don't even think about it! Ms Kapoor should have chosen a better movie to come back.

Ishaqzaade 

I truly loved this one. Though there is nothing amazingly new in the plot, (Hindu boy Muslim girl love story in the backdrop of  politics in Alwar, spiced up by a little double cross and vengeance and love ) there is freshness in the movie. May be because of Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor. Both have done a nice job, but surely, Parineeti's work overshadows everything else. The strength and the roughness her character portrays really stands out. I liked the music too. A different genre of love story from the YRF arsenal, but this one is really worth all the praise. I liked the fast pace the movie has. All the violence and shor-sharaba induced a  feeling of listening to hard rock!

This is not a must watch movie , like the ones below, but this will not disappoint you.

Kahaani

This is one of the most beautiful movies I have seen in recent times. Simply loved the plot and the manner of story telling. Vidya's performance is truly applaudable, but I would give more credits to its writer, Advaita Kala.The climax really bowled me over. It has that slight taste of a Hollywood recipe, but that's forgivable! :)
Yes, it reminded me of Jason Bourne, though the kahaani of Kahaani is totally different.

Ofcourse, this movie is worth a watch. 

22Female Kottayam

These days the malayalam film industry has been doing a lot of experimentation. The film makers are developing a lot of youth targeted movies. In a time when most of the super-star movies fail to impress the audience, movies like 22FK and Traffic with a simple starcast holds the audience spell bound. It is the newness of the themes and the unconventional story telling that I liked in both these movies.

Once again, the plot of 22FK is something that cannot be guessed before hand. The climax is one of the best. On watching the climax, I was like, Yes! that is what had to be done! :)

Once again it reminded me of Sydney sheldon novels, nevertheless, I enjoyed it because I didn't expect this adaptation in a malayalam movie. 

This movie is definitely worth a watch.

No comments: